Skip to content
- Our oceans cover more than 70 per cent of the Earth’s surface.
- The majority of life on Earth is aquatic.
- The world’s longest mountain chain is underwater.
- There are more historic artefacts under the sea than in all of the world’s museums.
- We still only know a fraction of the marine species in our oceans.
- Over 70 per cent of our planet’s oxygen is produced by the ocean.
- It’s possible to find rivers and lakes beneath the ocean.
- The Pacific Ocean is the world’s largest ocean and contains around 25,000 islands.
- Around 50 per cent of the US lies beneath the ocean.
Found this useful? Please spread the word :)